A new year brings new opportunities. Especially this year with the vaccinations slowly starting. Perfect timing to give your store a fresh start and maybe a small check and make-over. We like to share 4 tips.
Tip 1: Is your store Covid proof?
Of course you want your store to be as safe as possible. Make sure you always know exactly what the current National (and regional) rules are and check your store for:
• Clear instructions about the hygiene measures at the entrance: if necessary, repeat at several places in the store, so that customers remain alert.
• Sufficient disinfection gel at the entrance: explicitly ask customers to disinfect their hands upon entry. A striking sign can help with that.
• The maximum number of customers: ensure that the number of shopping baskets corresponds to the maximum number of customers and that these baskets can be disinfected each time.
• Clear walking instructions: stickers with arrows on the floor work well for this. Provide a clear entrance and separate exit.
• Sufficient distance at checkout: Consider plexiglass screens if necessary and use stickers to indicate the appropriate distance between customers. Make sure you wear a good facemask behind the cash register – firmly over the nose.
• Secure payment: encourage contactless payment and ensure that the card machine can be disinfected every time.
Bonus tip: url on your store front
Do you also have a webshop? Proudly put the web address on your shop window so that everyone who walks by knows that you can always shop safely online with you.
Tip 2: Announce the Spring
Seasonal displays always do well because they attract attention and arouse curiosity. Moreover, plants do very well; this makes your store look more attractive, “healthier” and more pleasant to stay in. Combine those two facts and brighten up the shop with beautiful spring flowers such as crocuses, daffodils, tulips and / or hyacinths – neatly out of sniffing distance from curious dogs.
Tip 3: Use attractive displays
Fun shopping is temporarily in decline due to Covid. Convenience and efficiency, on the other hand, are very important to shoppers. Therefore, make sure that your store is properly “scannable”, so that you can see at a glance where you need to go. In addition, attractive displays are extra handy, because you can quickly show your customers which essential products and top brands you have on offer. Preferably combine both in one beautiful display. This way you can perfectly show the renewed range of products by DOG Copenhagen in one display.
Tip 4: Focus with videos
Increase the shopping experience further by highlighting certain products with video screens. With some products it is important to give a good explanation. You can also combine this by showing handy instruction videos in the store, such as how to properly put on Pomppa dog coats or how to attach the safety lights by Orbiloc. This not only looks good, but saves you time as well. You don’t have to explain as much and the customer doesn’t have to wait for an explanation when you help another customer. In addition, you avoid potentially clumsy instructions from five feet away.
Need a display or advice?
NOHO likes to think along with you to put the great products of our quality brands even better in the spotlight. So be sure to contact us if you need any presentation material such as shop displays or instructional videos: call +31 (0) 6 109 104 63 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.